A major debate, organised by the trades unions in the West Dunbartonshire area, will take place on Saturday 2 April, 12 – 3pm, Clydebank. The question under discussion will be whether to leave or stay in the European Union.
The debate will focus on what is in the best interest of the working class – In or Out?
Questions that need answered are:
- Does a “Social Europe” counter EU austerity economics?
- Is the EU a force for peace?
- Would leaving result in large scale job losses?
- Can the left change the EU from the inside?
- Is the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) integral to the wider politics of the EU?
For Leaving – Dr Nigel Griffiths, former Deputy Leader of the House of Commons and Scottish Organiser of Labour Leave. Alex Smith former Labour MEP.
For staying – Gil Patterson SNP MSP for Clydebank and Milngavie. Gail Casey Labour candidate for Scottish Parliamentary Elections for Clydebank and Milngavie.
The debate will take place on Saturday 2nd April, 12-3pm in the Hub Community Centre, 405 Kilbowie Road, Clydebank G81 2TX. Free teas/coffees available.
The meeting is supported by the local branches of UNISON, UNITE, GMB, EIS, CLYDEBANK TUC, AND THE PEOPLE’S ASSEMBLY.